Chickpea Cauliflower Curry
This is a
quick and easy one-pot recipe that tastes fantastic. In less than an hour, your family can enjoy
this hearty Indian/Thai inspired dish!
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow/red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup green onions (shallots)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 small spicy pepper (finely chopped)
- 4 Tbsp red or yellow curry paste
- 2 cups of light coconut milk (canned)
- 1 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp of coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 cup cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium zucchini (chopped)
- 1 1/4 cup canned chickpeas
- 3 cups of cooked basmati rice
- Heat up pan/pot over medium heat. Once hot, add coconut oil, yellow/red onions, garlic,
ginger and hot pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add curry paste and stir. Cook for 2 more minutes, then add coconut milk, turmeric, syrup,
coconut aminos and stir.
- Once simmering, add cauliflower, bell pepper, zucchini and chick peas. Simmer (don't boil!)
for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While cooking the curry, prepare your rice in a separate pot following the instructions on
- Season the curry as required, and serve over the rice - top with the green onions.